'So I finally got Braxton interested in the toilet about a month or so ago. Which is awesome because we were so done changing his diapers. And buying them. He was doing pretty good with going pee, but the the whole pooh in the toilet thing was beyond him. He refused to do it. I had to threaten to take a way toys, which he didn't care. And then I started making him "help" me clean the mess in his shorts. Along with helping me I made him get a shower every time he had a accident. Last week he finally went to the toilet to do the duty. SO HAPPY. And he has been pretty good since then. It does get a little tricky when we go out. I ask him every ten minutes if he needs to go to the bathroom. One day he told me "MOM stop asking me that. "
Funny story.
We went to see Harry Potter on Tuesday, because Jamie got free tickets for the movie before it came out. I asked Katie to watch the kids. I dont think Braxton is ready for a movie like HP. Anyways went to watch HP then called Katie to let her know we were on our way to pick up the children. After we got there she told us that Braxton had poohed outside. Now I dont care if Braxton pees outside, I think its just something boys do. & He used to do it all the time in Alaska. So I chalk it up to the mountain man in him. But pooping out side. Not cool. Katie told him that only animals poop outside. He agreed. But I guess he was only agreeing to the fact that animals do poop outside, but was unclear if boys could. Because yesterday he did it again. He came in & told me to come outside and close my eyes. Right then I knew that something was up. And I was right. So I told him that only animals poop outside & he needs to come inside to do that. And I made him sit on the toilet for 5 minutes. Then we had to clean him his "animal mess". Trying to make it seem like more of a hassle to poop outside than in the toilet. And the finishing touches on his lesson, if he pooped outside again he would have to sleep outside like an animal. We"ll see if that takes. :)
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment