Monday, August 3, 2009

Larry Ray Fisk


My dear Grandpa passed away unexpectedly on Sunday August 2, 2009. He was out here in Utah for our family reunion at Bear Lake. We had a wonderful week together. He surprised us all when he rented a boat for all the families. He also pulled all the grand kids around on the tube. He had a goal to see how fast he could get the grand kids off the tube. He thought he was pretty funny. He would chuckle every time he knock one of us off. Grandpa loved to travel & sight see. The last day we're at Bear Lake he & Grandma went sight seeing. Grandpa & Grandma were also out here for Taylor's baptism. Where he bore his testimony & shared his conversion story. A story that some of us had never heard. We are very grateful for the time we were able to spend together. We are thankful for the opportunity to see him before this tragedy. My Grandpa was the only Grandpa I ever really knew. He was the one to bless me. He was just Grandpa. I can see him perfectly in my mind in his plaid shirt, blue jeans, & tan laced up shoes.
Its still sinking in. The last thing he said to me was "I love you" and gave me a kiss on the forehead and a hug. A perfect last memory.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Becks said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to read this. That really is a perfect last memory, though. I'm always scared I'll leave this world without really letting the people I love know it. I love you Nicole! If you need anything just ask!! Muah!

Hendricksonblog said...

Im a little slow and just realized you had a blog. I never clicked on your name on your comment weeks ago to see. Im so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Its interesting how on a different level he may have known it was his time. You got some great pictures that are probably a bit rare. I'm glad you guys can have all those recent wonderful fun memories to hold while you deal with the loss.

Anonymous said...

Babe, you really have a way with words. I love it.