Thursday, October 15, 2009

Braxton update

We went to the orthopaedics today. They took a whole lower body x ray of Braxtons lower body. And found a 'dark spot' on his hip bone. They said it could be a number of things. Like bone tumor which we really hope it is not. And one of the other thing they mentioned was a virus that settled in the hip, and would go away on its own. Which I hope it is the last one. Braxton was very good for the x rays. One piece of good news is that Braxton is walking a lot better today. The doctor said that was a good sign. I'm trying not to pin my hopes on any one thing. I feel like I need to not have any expectation for this. That way I can be prepared for anything.
So tomorrow we are going back to get a bone scan. Which is where they inject a nuclear dye into his blood steam. And they have to let it circulate for two hours then do a xray & the dye lights up any problem area. Then we should know if we have a problem. And then we will go from there. Please keep Braxton is your prayers. :)

2 comments:

Cathe' said...

I'm praying for his complete recovery.
XOXOXO Nana

Connie said...

Sorry to hear about Braxton. Praying for you to get an accurate diagnosis and for him to be restored to perfect health. Love. Aunt Connie